Design, development and manufacturing activities of TP400-D6 engine are conducted by the Europrop International (EPI) Consortium consisting of MTU Aero Engines, Sencma, Rolls-Royce and ITP. At this project, TEI takes place as a risk and revenue partner with ITP.
First fligt of the engine with A400M aircraft was perfomed in Sevilli city of Spain at the end of 2009 and the engine was put into service at the end of 2013.
The work packages design, development, prototype production, assembly, testing, mass production and after sales support’s responsibility belongs to TEI:
- Front Bearing Structure Module
- Propeller Gearbox Supporting Bars
- Primary Exhaust Nozzle
- Exhaust Cone
- Special to Project Test Equipment – SPTE
- The strongest turboprop engine of West Europe
- High growth potential
- Low life cycle cost
- Component technology based upon civil and military applications